I’m going to talk about work for the next few days. This is based on Louise Hay’s concepts in You Can Heal Your Life.
Wouldn’t you love to be deeply fulfilled by all that you do? The joy and meaning that would bring to your life would be spectacular.
The first thing to do is to check your negative thinking about your current job:
- I hate this place.
- My boss is an ass.
- These people get on my last good nerve.
- I don’t make enough money.
- I am so tired of y’all I could just spit.
- My co-workers suck.
- Who hired these people?
- This is way more work than I expected.
- I am so tired of this s@%!
- I work here? How did I end up here? WTF?
- This is where I spend eight hours a day? Is this my life? Again…WTF?
- (Feel free to add to this list in the comments because y’all know you’ve said the same things! And if you haven’t, I’d like to hear that too!)
We’ve all been there. I know I have. I have said variations of those sentences myself. Negative, defensive, angry thoughts about your job aren’t going to help. Even if you get a new job, you’ll have the same problems because you’ll bring the same thinking to the new job.
Change the way you think about the job you have now. Check your thoughts about it. What do you say when you complain to your partner or friends about your job? Awareness is the first step to change. No matter how crappy your job is, and it very well could be, you must make the internal change first.
Second step coming up tomorrow. Let me know what you’ve been saying about your current job. Anonymous replies are fine. I’m not trying to get anyone in trouble! (((hugs)))
The Work Series: