After all the do’s and don’ts of what to expect in your first Bikram Yoga class in my last post, you may be wondering why I enjoy it. Below are the reasons why:
- It’s lowering my blood pressure, in a matter of weeks.
- It forces me to do yoga poses I’d never do on my own.
- It’s no-impact exercise.
- It’s super challenging.
- It’s making my thoughts clearer.
- It’s increasing my flexibility.
- It’s decreasing my knee pain.
- It’s time self-care time. I can focus on myself for 90 minutes.
- It’s helping me learn to meditate.
- It’s introducing me to like-minded people.
- It’s alleviating my hot flashes. In her book New Menopausal Years: The Wise Woman Way, Susun Weed wrote that the answer to hot flashes was to exercise and sweat more. Prior to Bikram Yoga, I’d cut back to eating minimal chicken and fish, and my hot flashes had downgraded to a “warm breeze,” as I like to call it. Now with the excessive sweating this hot yoga creates, I don’t even have warm breezes. Hot flashes be gone. 🙂
- It’s inspiring me to stay vegetarian.
- I go to class two to three times a week because of the multiple benefits. I wouldn’t call a Bikram Yoga class a good time. I’d call it super-physical-self-awareness-yea-I-did-it!-me-time. 🙂
Up Next: A review of “A Little Late with Lilly Singh.” (NBC) (If you’re over the age of 40 and are like, “Who is Lilly Singh?”) read this first: https://mochaangels.com/2019/03/17/lilly-singh-is-making-history/