Adapted from Forks Over Knives Online Meal Planner.
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped. (Use the white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- dash of sweet paprika or regular paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, toss all ingredients together. Serve right away.
The original recipe calls for lettuce and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. I like it better this way. Feel free to add cooked black beans or pinto beans, cucumbers, jalapeno pepper, red bell pepper, or anything else you like. It’s an easy-to-make recipe. Let me know what you think.